tGetFile.dll-Microsoft has provided a restricted File Dialog for Pocket PCs and Palm-size PCs. The dialog can open files only under the "My Documents".
tGetFile.dll is an alternative File Dialog which does not have this restriction. With tGetFile.dll installed, Tillanosoft PocketNotepad or such programs that support tGetFile.dll can pop up an alternative file dialog to open arbitrary files under any folder. Smartphone version is also available here. However, please note that tGetFile.dll provided from this page is available only for unlocked Smartphone devices. For locked Smartphone devices, use tGetFile.dll which is delivered with a compatible program, and has digital signature. Update Description:
- Windows Mobile 5 soft keys have been supported.
- A problem which added redundant file extensions when file extensions was displayed has been fixed.
- A problem with pressing OK button while editing file name has been fixed. tGetFile.dll returned previous file names in such cases.
- A problem in renaming into invalid file names has been fixed. tGetFile.dll closed its dialog box soon after displaying an error message when a user attempted to rename a filename into an invalid one.
- Landscape and portrait QVGA Windows Mobile Smartphones are now supported. tGetFile.dll resizes its edit box and so on for the resolutions.
- A border line of list box was not drawn in some case for QVGA Windows Mobile Smartphone. This problem has been fixed.
- Column width for file name list has been re-adjusted for QVGA Windows Mobile Smartphone. v4.3:
- File extensions are now optionally displayed via Options dialog box.
- Tool tips have been added to toolbars on Pocket PC versions.
- An SDK problem has been fixed. Specifying long extensions via SDK (lpstrDefExt) caused the extensions be cut to 3 character long.
- Initial column width for detail view on VGA Pocket PCs has been widened. v4.2:
- tGetFile.dll has improved compatibility with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Pocket PC VGA mode. It now draws the separator line in appropriate thickness when it is called from hi-resolution aware applications.
- Hidden command (Ctrl+I) for showing the current version added. v4.1:
- Smartphone is supported.
- Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Pocket PC is fully supported including VGA screen and landscape layout.
- "Cancel" button is newly added. "Ok" and "Cancel" button on the menu bar in the bottom was removed.
- Folder names including periods (.) are now displayed including periods and extensions. Such names were displayed without extensions.
- New application interface for .NET CF programs is added. Now, .NET CF programs are able to use tGetFile.dll.
- The list view area is now a little bit wider than before, which eliminates the surrounding lines.
- Renaming a folder or a file now moves the folder/file line in the list box, in the case raising SIP hides the folder/file line, so that, the folder/file line will not be hidden by the raising SIP.
- A problem in opening renamed file has been fixed. tGetFile.dll opened the previous file name in the case the opening operation was performed just after the renaming operation. v4.0:
- GUI has changed to have more Pocket PC taste.
- Palm-size PC version has retired.
- File management functions such as creating a folder, renaming a file or folder, and deleting a file or folder have been added to the file dialog.
- Tap&Hold now functions at "Name" box of file dialog, and cut, copy and paste functions are now available there.
- Tapping OK while "Name" box is empty now behave as canceling.
- "Name" box can be hidden in tGetOpenFileName(), by specifying an option flag by application programs.
- A few other minor modifications have been made. v3.0:
- Internationalized. From this version, localization of tGetFile.dll could be easily achieved.
- OFN_PROJECT flag has been supported to browse for folders.
- OFN_NODEREFERENCELINKS flag has been supported.
- File name body can now be returned unless lpstrFileTitle member of OPENFILENAME structure is NULL.
- A hook for obtaining the version of tGetFile.dll has been created.
- Control for automatic insertion of default extension given via a parameter of GetOpenFileName/GetSaveFileName added. The insertion would not be done if a user entered a name surrounded by double quotations (").
- Behavior of tGetFile dialog when OK button was depressed without giving any file name has been changed. It now refreshes the items of list view.
- Entering filename with '*' and/or '?' refreshes the file list using the filename as a filter.
- Shortcuts to folders are now always listed regardless of file filter.
- Warning has been added for invalid filenames with invalid characters.
- Duplicated '*.mpeg' items observed when PocketTV accesses to remote folders has been removed.
- Fixed icons for shortcuts on Pocket PC 2002.
- A few more minor modifications have been made.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Themes, Software or Games ('is not a valid Pocket PC application') please, read FAQ.
Other Pocket PC Freeware of Developer «Tillanosoft.com»:
Mg for Win32 Mg is a port of this Mg onto Windows based operating systems such as Windows CE and Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP. After Bob released Mg version 2a, Japanese developers including Shigeki Yoshida did a lot of works on Mg, such as port to MS-DOS, preparing c-mode, and so on. Mg for Win32 is based on this enhanced version of Mg
ProgramMenu Toys ProgramMenu Toys is a set of programs, which assist ProgramMenu in replacing the Start Menu. ProgramMenu Toys consists of 3 programs, Start, Suspend, and Today. For the 3 programs, you can easily imagine what they do by their names.
The initial version of ProgramMenu Toys (Ver 1
Pocket Notepad Pocket Notepad- The concept of PocketNotepad is "To provide the same feature as Desktop Notepad does" or "Nothing added to the original Notepad". :-) That is, no toolbars, rebar bands, etc...
On the other hand, it does not provide several functions as it is becoming to its name
ProgramMenu ProgramMenu -Cascade launcher.
When Microsoft released Windows CE 2.0, I felt happy with the new cascading Start Menu. Until then, I felt uncomfortable with the monolithic menu, and I used to use Cascading Menus which was included in the Power Toys for Windows CE 1.0.
A few years later, Microsoft introduced new Windows CE 3.0 based Pocket PC
PocketNotepad PocketNotepad is a pocket version of Windows Notepad. In the case you are a heavy user of Windows Notepad, PocketNotepad would be the most preferable editor on your Windows Mobile device. It's small, light, cute and simple
SmallMenu SmallMenu - The task manager and launcher. SmallMenu/SmallMenuPlus are Pocket PC softwares which integrate task manager and cascading program launcher. You can execute, switch, and close programs by SmallMenu/SmallMenuPlus. Executing SmallMenu/SmallMenuPlus will bring up an integrated menu which contains a task list with icons and cascading program menus
PocketTweak PocketTweak is a small program for Pocket PC to configure device settings without using any registry editors. That is, PocketTweak is a Pocket PC version of SmallTweak.
The following settings can be configured with the current version of PocketTweak:
To associate Extensions with Applications.
Device power off time.
SpaceLeft SpaceLeft -Monitoring free space on the flash card.
Windows CE itself does not provide the functionality to show the amount of free space in flash memory area (Note: I noticed that this is not true with H/PC pro and Pocket PC. Written on Jul 11, 2000). Instead, several software provides this functionality. However, I did not feel comfortable with any of them
PoweronCounter PoweronCounter counts the number of times your Windows Mobile device is powered on
PowBut PowBut is a program to control the function of the Power button. The device goes into Unattended mode by pressing a button on / off, while you would not de-activate the audio, GPS, wifi, etc. You can set the mode so that you will be turned off (blocked) or included (if you click on the CNR. Power is not the device is turned off)
TouchWM APR 29 TouchWM is a touch-friendly SDK/Framework for developers, meant to be as fast as possible since it is hardware accelerated by OpenGL (based on OpenGLES wrapper made by Koush).
TouchWM is currently just a proof of concept and CPU/GPU benchmark
Reboot PokeP Reboot PokeP is a Today plugin which allows you to reboot your Windows Mobile 5.0 device by tapping on icon. Once the installation is complete, you will need to add 'Reboot PokeP' icon to Today's screen by following these steps:
- From 'Start' menu, select 'Settings'.
- In 'Settings' screen, tap on 'Personal' tab.
- Tap on 'Today' icon
AppSiege Check installed size of all installed applications
Notify Me Notify Me - New version ready for download
- Add a delay before showing notification and/or playing the sound. The delay is intended to avoid a non desired notification when for some reason the device mentions that the card is loose but it's not
OPClip OPClip - OPClip is a shared, multi-platform clipboard program.
OPclip lets you Cut and Paste from the PC to your PocketPC and vice-versa. You must install programs on both the PC and PocketPC. You then need to configure OPclip by creating an exchange file xxx
Supported Operation Systems:
Pocket PC 2002 |
Windows Mobile 2003 |
Windows Mobile 5.0 |
Comments on tGetFile.dll Pocket PC:
Comments not found
Windows Mobile PocketPC Freeware - Free Download Apps, Software, Player, Games, GPS, Themes, Sync, Freeware, Reader for Windows Mobile Phones 7 6.5 6.1